State tax authorities clamp down
- Change your driver’s license to reflect your new home.
- Register to vote in your new state.
- Relocate your checking and savings accounts to a local bank.
- Use local service providers. Start going to a new, locally based doctor, dentist and church.
- Make sure as many things near and dear to your heart are located in the new state. These can include your loved ones, pets or favorite personal items.
- Spend the required amount of time in your new home, according to the state’s tax laws.